Buy sildenafil online from a regulated service
Sildenafil is a cost-effective treatment for Erectile Dysfunction (ED). It contains the same active ingredient as Viagra, and is one of the more popular choice of ED treatment. You can safely buy sildenafil online from our UK registered pharmacy, after you complete a medical questionnaire. This will determine whether or not it is safe for you to be prescribed with sildenafil. Orders placed before 3pm are dispatched using a next day delivery service.
What is sildenafil?
Sildenafil is a drug that is used to treat erectile dysfunction. It has the same active ingredient that it used in Viagra, but it is the non-branded version that is available for a much cheaper price. When you take sildenafil, you may experience:
- Erections that are hard enough for sexual activity
- Erections that are maintained for a longer period of time
- The ability to achieve an erection easily
How does sildenafil work?
Sildenafil works by increasing the flow of blood to the penis, resulting in an erection that is hard enough for sexual activity. When you are sexually aroused, a chemical messenger known as cGMP is released into the penis. The smooth muscle of the penis relaxes in the presence of cGMP, allowing for an influx of blood which results in an erection. PDE5 is an enzyme that is present in smooth muscle, and it has a role in regulating blood flow. However, too much PDE5 can break down cGMP. a lack of cGMP results in difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection. Sildenafil works by blocking PDE5, so that it is unable to break down cGMP. This results in an erection.
What dose should I take?
The usual dose for sildenafil is 50mg to be taken 30-60 minutes before sexual activity. If you are experiencing any side-effects such as a headache, you should try a lower dose of 25mg. If you find that the 50mg tablet isn’t giving you the desirable effects, you can try taking the 100mg dose. Our clinicians recommend trying the same dose on eight separate occasions before you increase or decrease the dose. This is so that your body is able to adapt accordingly and get used to the tablet.
How long does sildenafil take to work?
Sildenafil takes around 30-60minutes to take effect. It is best to take sildenafil on an empty stomach, as it acts quicker this way.
How long does sildenafil last for?
Sildenafil lasts for around 4-5 hours on average. This time frame may vary depending on whether or how much food or alcohol has been consumed.
How often should I take sildenafil?
You can take sildenafil before engaging in sexual activity, but no more than one dose should be taken in 24 hours.
Is sildenafil safe?
Sildenafil can be used safely when prescribed appropriately. You can buy sildenafil online after completing an online medical questionnaire, to rule out if we think that taking sildenafil may pose a potential risk to your health.
Who should not take sildenafil?
You should not take sildenafil if:
- You are allergic to sildenafil or any of the ingredients contained in the tablet
- You have recently had any issues with your heart such as a heart attack or stroke
- You have low blood pressure
- You have angina
- You have sickle-cell anaemia, an abnormality of your red blood cells
- You have a liver or kidney problem
- You have problems with your eyes (not including poor vision such as long sightedness or short sightedness)
- You have leukaemia, cancer of the blood
- You have multiple myeloma, cancer of the bone marrow
- You have an anatomical deformation of the penis
- You have a bleeding disorder
- You have a stomach ulcer
This does not necessarily mean that you cannot take sildenafil, but you should see a doctor as you may need to be monitored for your safety.
Can I take sildenafil if I am using other medication?
Sildenafil can interact with certain medication, especially those that are used to relieve chest pain. You should not use sildenafil if you are taking any of the following:
- Nitrates, including medication used to treat angina, as well as "poppers". Taking sildenafil with these drugs can cause your blood pressure to fall to a dangerously low level
- Medication used to treat HIV. If you wish to use sildenafil, this should be done under the supervision of a doctor. They may want to start you off on the lowest dose of sildenafil and monitor you
- Alpha blockers used to treat high blood pressure or an enlarged prostate. Taking sildenafil with alpha blockers can cause what is known as postural hypotension. This is where you experience a sudden drop in your blood pressure when sitting or standing quickly. Your doctor can advise you on whether or not sildenafil is safe to use, based on you blood pressure readings and the dose you are taking.
If you are taking any of the following, you may still be eligible to use sildenafil, but you should visit your GP as you may need an assessment before sildenafil can safely be prescribed:
- Any antiarrhythmic
- Antiepileptics such as carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone
- Antifungals such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole
- Calcium Channel Blockers such as diltiazem, verapamil
- Crizotinib, enzalutamide, imatinib, nilotinib, idelalisib used in the treatment of cancer
- The following antibiotics: erythromycin, clarithromycin, rifampicin
- Netupitant or aprepitant used as anti-sickness drugs
- Nicorandil used to treat angina
- Any recreational drugs
- St John’s Wort
What if sildenafil is not working for me?
If sildenafil has not worked for you the first time, you should continue to take the tablets. Your body needs time to adapt, and you should continue to take the tablets on eight separate occasions, before increasing your dose, or trying another treatment. It is important to realise that although sildenafil has an extremely high success rate, it may not work for every person. There are alternative erectile dysfunction treatments such as tadalafil or avanafil which are effective.
What is the difference between sildenafil and Viagra?
The active ingredient in both Viagra and Sildenafil is the same (sildenafil citrate). This means that they both work on the body in the same way and have the same effect. Pfizer developed Viagra in 1996, holding the patent (exclusive rights) for it. Once the patent expired, it gave an opportunity for other pharmaceutical companies to start manufacturing sildenafil as a non-branded medication.
Why can you buy sildenafil cheaper than Viagra?
The initial development and marketing of Viagra cost Pfizer hundreds of millions of pounds. In order to recover the investment that was put into Viagra, they have a time frame where they hold the rights to be the only manufacturer of sildenafil. In this period, they hope to recover the large investment that has been made and make a profit on top. Once the rights expire, other companies are free to manufacture sildenafil. For the generic manufacturer, a large investment is not required as the formula is known, the clinical trials have been conducted and they only need to demonstrate good standards of safety. The vast number of generic manufactures all competing to producing sildenafil help to keep the cost low.
Although the price of Viagra has dropped since its patent expired in 2013, its high-profile name and brand loyalty is the reason why some people pay more for the "little blue pill".
Can I drink alcohol with sildenafil?
You can safely drink 2 units of alcohol when taking sildenafil. Drinking too much alcohol will lower the amount of blood in your penis which is required for an erection.
Is it safe to buy sildenafil online?
In the UK, you can purchase sildenafil in a number of different ways. You can:
- Obtain a prescription from a doctor and have it dispensed at a high street pharmacy
- Buy Viagra Connect from a pharmacy providing you have been assessed by a pharmacist
- Order sildenafil online from a registered pharmacy
When you buy medication online, you should check the registration details to ensure that the pharmacy is legitimate. All online pharmacies must have a license with the General Pharmaceutical Council. They must also hold a registration with the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, which is a governing body that regulates the sale of medication online. Websites that sell medication and do not display these details may well be selling counterfeit goods that can be harmful to your health.